Friday, November 6, 2009

A Dream Come True..



Ever since i was about 6 years old, all i've ever wanted to do was create music. I remember my first time ever realizing it...it was in the 8th grade when i first heard The Neptunes' album The Neptunes Presents....The Clones. That album came with a 30-minute DVD documentary that showed Pharrell and Chad talking about how they first started and had footage of them in the studio and everything....i remember being so fascinated by it, that i would watch it about 3 or 4 times in a row. The first time i had heard that album, i told myself, 'One day imma make a beat..'. I didn't know when or how, i just knew that i would one day do it. I've always considered myself a connoisseur of music so i knew it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. For some reason, i had this strange obsession with this guitar solo at the beginning of one of my favorite oldies songs 'It's A Shame' by The Spinners. I thought to myself 'Man...if i can somehow put that element into a song, it would be dope!' I used to tell my mom and my brother that i was gonna one day be a producer....they laughed of course but it was a commitment that i was dead serious about in my mind. When i reached my senior year in high school, i found out about a demo version of a beat-creating program that i could download called Fruity Loops. I sat there all day and all nite trying to figure out how to create music on that thing. Sure enough, i used that Spinners sample that i loved so much for my first beat....

From that very day on, my love for music composition has grown into what it is today. I never stopped making beats, and now, for me to create music for the local artists that i looked up to is really a dream come true. To go from being such fans of their music, to actually personally knowing and working with them is an experience that humbles me. For those people whom i admired to now consider me family, is something that i wouldn't trade for the world. I still have a TON to learn, but this journey has proven to me that life is limitless. I may have physically started my music career in 2006, but in my mind and in my heart, i've been Hip Hop Since 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment